In accordance with section 109 of the Gambling Act 2003 the Donations Criteria are reviewed annually by the Board of Directors. The Board met on 24/01/2018 and conducted an annual review of the criteria, methods, system and policies it uses for consideration of applications for the distribution of net proceeds and determined that there was no need to change any of the existing conditions and processes. You can view the Donations Criteria here.
Pub Charity Limited has a policy of returning the majority of our funding back into the area where the funds were raised. To find out if we have any venues in your area, click here. Because our goal is to support the local communities where the funds are raised, even within a council area applications have a greater chance of being successful if they are in or near the suburb(s) or towns(s) where our venues are located.
Donations must be for an Authorised Purpose. The following constitute Authorised Purposes for donations under Pub Charity Limited’s constitution:
- (a) any purpose which or the time being constitutes a charitable purpose in New Zealand, including, without limitation:
- (i) the advancement of education;
- (ii) the promotion of scientific research and learning;
- (iii) the promotion and support of the relief of poverty, including physical welfare;
- (iv) the promotion and support of other purposes beneficial to the community, including literature and the arts;
- (b) the promotion and support of all codes of amateur sport
- (c) a non-commercial purpose that is beneficial to the whole or a section of the community.
If you wish to make a complaint, please outline your complaint in writing and, if your complaint is about a declined application, please state that you would like the decision to be reviewed and why you think this decision is incorrect. Complaints should be sent to:
Pub Charity Limited
PO Box 27-009
Your complaint will be reviewed at the next Net Proceeds Committee Meeting. You will be advised of the outcome directly by the Complaints Officer.